Senior Security Consultants – L3 Full-time
Website Security Brigade InfoSec Pvt Ltd
Experience Required: Minimum 4 years’ experience in Application Security, 2 year experience in Mobile Application Security
Security Brigade is looking for Senior Application Security Consultants who will be involved in managing the team of junior security consultants, project reviews, delay tracking and customer expectation management. They will be responsible for security assessments and penetration testing of complex application and enterprise environments as well as security research and development of security tools, processes and testing methodologies.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Train and manage the team of consultants to perform application penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and source code reviews with focus on enhancing their skill sets.
• Monitor the team follows the established security testing processes and organization’s policies and procedures.
• Ensure timely project reviews are conducted to make sure that a thorough testing is conducted by the team, identify errors and suggest changes to ensure highest quality of the deliverables.
• Research emerging security topics and new attack vectors.
• Write tools and scripts to automate technical processes and make audits more efficient.
• Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, when required. Execute complex test cases and develop proof of concept for showcasing the vulnerabilities to the client.
• Manage project timelines, deadlines and expectations – including customer interactions for the team to ensure smooth delivery of project.
• Profile an application, identifying threats, and developing test cases to target identified threats.
• Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in applications and networks.
• Interact with customers in a collaborative consultative manor to deliver results, provide feedback and remediation recommendations on findings.
• Ability to lead and manage a team of 10 – 15 people. Prior team management experience is a plus.
• Ability to handle difficult situations and to provide alternate solutions or workarounds.
• Ability to work on multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
• In-depth understanding of security issues, exploitation techniques and remediation measures.
• Ability to follow an in-depth manual testing process and not just run automated tools and copy paste results.
• Development knowledge of any current programming languages.
• Strong understanding of software and application security.
• Involvement in software community via OWASP, WASC, Null, ClubHack and/or open source development is highly desirable.
• Track record speaking at major security conferences such as OWASP Appsec, SANS Appsec, and Blackhat, Nullcon is highly desirable.
• Intercepting proxies (i.e. Burp Proxy, Charles Proxy, Webscarab Proxy, Paros Proxy, etc).
• Experience with Network Architecture Review and Firewall Rule-base Audit.
• Experience with Source Code Review and Application Architecture Review will be a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to talk to both business teams and technical teams.
• Proven ability to excel and innovate.
Good To Have
• Knowledge or experience of Bug Bounty / Open Source.
• Experience in Customer Management and Team Management.
• Certification CEH|OSCP.
• Hands-on experience of Scripting Languages like python / perl etc.
• Technically oriented workplace, work on a variety of interesting and challenging modules and projects, surrounded by hackers, coders and geeks.
• Casual clothes
• Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
• Generally fun environment with lots of LAN gaming and hackathons in off hours
• Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
Candidate Profile / Criteria:
TLDR – Passion > Education
We don’t require a B Tech or BSc degree, but plenty of the team has them. We always look at capabilities and experience first.
Candidates with published advisories, tools, research papers, generally anything that can demonstrate you know your stuff when it comes to web and mobile applications will be preferred.
About Security Brigade
Security Brigade is a pure-play information security consulting firm specializing in delivering high quality services through expert driven manual testing. Founded on the core belief that “Great audits are done by great auditors – not expensive tools”, Security Brigade’s approach is built around strong processes that enable auditors to conduct in-depth manual security audits.
Security Brigade is based out of Mumbai, India and was founded in December 2006. It conducts thousands of audits a year for organizations such as: MakeMyTrip, Network 18, Tata Group, HDFC, Vodafone, IRDA, Reliance Money, Netmagic Solutions among many others. For more information, visit www.securitybrigade.com