New Windows 10 password Recovery feature
Finally, by the requests of many, Microsoft has provided a security feature that will be released with the Fall Creators Update. The requested feature known as Pin and Password recovery allows a user to recover his forgotten password directly from the lock screen. All you have to do is click on “I forgot my password” or “I forgot my PIN” and Cortona, the Windows assistant, will guide you through the required steps to recover your password.
The password can be recovered by e-mail, phone number, or Microsoft authenticator. This is done through a verification code that will be sent and used to regain access to your PC. In addition, Microsoft is taking extra steps to harden their security with the Fall Creators Update through the following:
- Remove the 30-year-old SMB v1 file sharing protocol.
- Build AI-powered antivirus software.
- Build its EMET anti-exploit tool into the kernel of the operating system.
- Support three different flavours of the Linux OS – Ubuntu, Fedora, and SUSE – directly through their Windows Store.
- Add new anti-ransomware feature, called Controlled Folder Access, as part of its Windows Defender.