Senior Network Engineer
• Lead High-Level/Low-Level design, planning, implementation of Network infrastructure project and participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced inter networking solutions.
• Manage implementation of network infrastructure projects, from both technical and communication aspects.
• Review existing configurations, troubleshoot root cause errors, provides recommendations, and document findings and best practices.
• Manage and Implement DMZ networks
• Hardening upgrade of the network devices for compliance.
• Review network design for network security and other risks during course of projects. Serve as a liaison to vendors and/or third-party providers as assigned.
• Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to Units and other departments.
• Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
• Create the network operational manual and consignation audit and guidelines for third-party management and handover.
• Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with other team on network optimization.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
• Candidates shall possess most of the following technical knowledge, experience and skills:
Thorough understanding of networking technologies, including administration of enterprise routers, switches, firewalls and load-balancers (OSI layers 3-7).
• Expertise in Cisco / Avaya Switching technologies and Load Balancing.
• Expertise with Palo Alto Network Firewall.
• Strong OSI layer 2 knowledge and practical experience, including various flavors of STP, ARP, QOS, etc.
• Expertise in TCP/IP technologies NAT, PAT, ARP, RARP, DHCP, NTP
• Comprehensive knowledge of OSI layer 3 networks and protocols, including broadcast, multicast, any cast concepts, routing, etc.
• Understanding of network security methodologies as a whole, including but not limited to: ACLs, Stateful firewalls, VPNs (tunneling, IPsec, NAT, etc.).
• Expertise with various routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
• Fluency with common network admin tools such as Solar Winds, Ethereal/Wireshark, SNMP, Net flow, etc.
• Experience deploying and maintaining Aruba wireless networks.
• Experience deploying and maintaining VOIP deployments
• 3yrs Bachelor Degree in University
• CISSP or any equivalent certifications
• CCNA / CCNP
• Microsoft certification added advantage
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://mediclinic.ae.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/View/161017-1/Senior_Network_Engineer →