Regional Cybersecurity Consulting Lead
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate the attitude and culture expected from a global organisation and HSBC’s Values (Open, Dependable and Connected)
• Provide Cybersecurity consultancy and oversight for business initiatives right from a concept stage to guide the business on the right path at onset.
• Planning, delivery oversight, reporting and MI for all regional remediation delivery projects born out of country gap assessments and specific local requirements.
• Provide expert technical consultancy for operations cyber risk scenarios.
• Promote the latest global Cybersecurity innovation and transformation initiatives in the region.
• Support the regional transformation lead to ensure the benefits realization of all transformation projects.
• Validate and test that all regional cyber technology and process rollouts meet the required security objectives for the region.
• Manage the regional alignment to the global path-to-green initiatives for mapping and tracking the IT security controls improvement which contribute to reducing business risk.
• Ensure that clear roadmap’s, plans and mitigation plan exists for all gaps that exist in the Cybersecurity controls.
• Keep abreast of the latest technologies in Cybersecurity used in peer banks, security communities in the region and contribute ideas to the global teams managing cyber.
• Work with relevant global capabilities teams to ensure appropriate prioritisation and escalate any operational or technical challenges to regional delivery.
• Participate in the community of Cybersecurity globally and regionally to ensure regional consistency, best practices etc. for Cybersecurity and Risk management.
• Ensuring adherence to global standard methodology, SLA’s, quality, templates and tools, but also showing flexibility and support within this boundaries.
• Accountable for effective coordination and communication across the regions for all major Cybersecurity incidents.
• Facilitate regional calls where appropriate and participate in all global calls.
Work with the regional stakeholders to ensure that there is sufficient support and commitment for all major incidents.
• Assess the regional / business impact for major incidents and work with the global Cybersecurity service lines on action plans to minimise impact.
• Deputise for the Regional Head of Cybersecurity, if and when required on relevant incident meetings, governance forums and business meetings
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum Bachelor Degree and/or experience in Cybersecurity governance and operational processes, preferably in the Financial Services industry or global corporate service provider
• Background – desirable but NOT essential one or more; risk management, Audit, ISR
Qualifications – desirable but NOT essential one or more; ISO270001, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC
• Availability to travel (if required) for this role, i.e. travel within country as well as occasional International travel
• Positive and professional attitude, team player, flexible and adaptable, open to change(s)
• Confident and takes responsibility and ownership for work and personal development
• Good spoken and written communication and ability to adapt style based on audience (Fluent in spoken / written English)
• Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical stakeholders
• Previous experience of delivering an excellent customer service
• Ability to quickly develop good working relationships with stakeholders
• Ability and self-motivation to learn and pick things up quickly